Click here to view this newsletter as a PDF.
- Please pray for good leads on library and human resources as the Joneses and Lyndell work to bring the Kairos Project to Brazil.
- Please pray for more Seminary students.
- Please pray that Cynthia and her family, one of the ladies coming to our community teas whose daughter is in ballet class, would accept Christ as their Lord and Saviour.
- Please pray for wisdom and guidance for Lyndell as she defines her doctoral proposal.
- Praise the Lord for the 11 Seminary students who finished their Pastoral Formation course.
- Praise the Lord for visiting professors who give of their time and resources to teach our Seminary students.
- Praise the Lord for the community outreach teas that have allowed our church to build stronger relationships with those in our neighborhood.
- Praise the Lord for resources from NAB churches for ballet classes and to send children and adolescents to Bible camp.
“These were his instructions to them: ‘The harvest is great, but the workers are few. So pray to the Lord who is in charge of the harvest; ask him to send more workers into his fields.’”
Luke 10:2 NLT
This past December, we held our second graduation for the Pastoral Formation program. We also had the privilege to host visiting professors with us twice during this second semestre. In August, Alan and Judy Steier were here to teach Chaplaincy and in October, Steve Garcia and Mike Encoe taught Communications and New Technologies. Lyndell and her colleagues, Brandon and Marci Jones, are working on launching the Kairos Project (from Sioux Falls and Taylor Seminaries) in Brazil this year which Brandon will coordinate and Lyndell will serve as one of the academic mentors.
In December we held a Christmas Tea for families in our community where our ballet students from our Saturday Children’s club performed. We also had a wonderful Christmas celebration where every family in the church contributed to the service through prayers, readings, and song.
Lyndell has started her second semestre as an online student in the PhD (Intercultural Studies) from Columbia International University. She is now preparing her formal proposal so that she can begin her field research later in the year.
If you would like to financially support Lyndell’s ministry, please give to:
If you would like to help fund visiting professors and the Kairos Project in Brazil, please give to:
https://nabconference.org/give/special-projects/, designating to “Brazil – Baptist Convention of Rio Grande do Sul – Pastoral and Ministry Leadership Training.”