Click here to view this newsletter as a PDF.
September was filled with celebrations! One exciting celebration was Hiyori’s baptism! We have seen the goodness of God in Hiyori’s life as she has grown in her faith in Jesus. What a joy to celebrate her faith with our Komyo Church family. Thank you for being part of the goodness of God in Hiyori’s life.
Another celebration was an important birthday celebration! As has become our custom, Paul and I got to celebrate with an incredibly delicious cake made by Melissa. Since I will only turn 50 once, I celebrated as much as possible, with my English and Bible students, with my AGC friends, and with missionary friends. I am grateful for the life God has given me and I have seen His goodness. Thank you for being part of that goodness.
We are seeing the goodness of the Lord in the life of Komyo Christian Church. At the end of March, we celebrated 10 years as a church plant and now we are excited to be in the process of becoming an established church with the Japan Baptist Conference. Paul has been working hard leading meetings and drawing up paperwork, in Japanese, in order to prepare the congregation for this new adventure. We are also experiencing God’s goodness as we seek His guidance in calling a Japanese pastor. Thank you for being part of the goodness of God in the life of Komyo Christian Church.
On October 19 I had the privilege of participating in an Anointed Gospel Choir concert. I have loved being part of the choir and watching God work in the lives of the members and also in Mr. Yamamoto as he has been leading us. A few years ago, one of the ladies who has become a good friend through the choir had to quit because of her work schedule. I have seen the goodness of God as He has arranged her schedule to make it possible for her to attend again. She is not yet a believer but continues to seek Truth.
Soli Deo Gloria,
- Praise God for fifty years of life!
- Praise God for a new sister in Christ!
- Praise God for Komyo Christian Church and the way He has led us for the past ten years.
- Praise God for Anointed Gospel Choir and the ministry of Mr. Yamamoto.
- Pray with us as we walk through the process of becoming an established church and calling a pastor, for Paul as he prepares paperwork, for the congregation as they learn and grow together.
- Pray for me as I continue to shine the light of Jesus at Komyo Church, in my neighborhood, and at gospel choir.
- Pray that we will see the goodness of the Lord as we wait for Him.
- Please pray with us for the joy of Jesus to shine as we celebrate His birth.
I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Psalm 27:13-14