Click here to view this newsletter as a PDF.
- March 01, 2020, will be Saijo Sensei’s first Sunday as the Lead Pastor of Komyo Christian Church.
- Continued spiritual growth for the members of Komyo Church.
- God’s future provision for church and mission growth.
- Upcoming teams coming to participate in ministry.
- The people of Komyo Christian Church, as they grow in their faith, becoming active members of God’s family and reaching out to others to share the love, joy, and peace of God.
- Transition for Komyo Church, as the church people look to Saijo Sensei as the leader and as we learn to work as a team to serve the church and reach our community.
- Upcoming teams for planning, guiding, and serving.
- Parenting, Noah and Jonah from a distance and Elijah as a young teenager.
“So, whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all to the glory of God. Don’t give offense to Jews or Gentiles or the church of God. I, too try to please everyone in everything I do. I don’t just do what is best for me, I do what is best for others so that many may be saved. And you should imitate me, just as I imitate Christ.”
1 Corinthians 10:31-33 (NLT)
On January 12, 2020, Komyo Christian Church called Mr. Hiroyuki Saijo to be their pastor. What a privilege it has been to walk along-side church members in discerning who to call as their pastor. We praise God that He orchestrated the timing for all this to happen. Saijo Sensei will begin serving at Komyo Church on March 1, 2020. We will continue working at the church under Sensei’s leadership, in order to facilitate hand over of the ministry, and continue to walk with the members in reaching our community with the love of God. The Japan Baptist Conference has also voted Komyo Christian Church to join their conference of churches and has accepted Saijo Sensei as the church’s pastor.
We will be hosting a team from Quail Lakes Baptist Church (Stockton, CA), March 24-April 2. They will be involved in ministry at Komyo Christian Church, Chita Nozomi Church, and the JBC spring youth gathering. We look forward to seeing God use each person on the team as they use their gifting to share God’s love with our Japanese brothers and sisters, as well as those who do not yet know Him. April 10-20 a team from Faith Baptist Church (Minneapolis, MN) will come to pray with pastors, church members, and ministries. We would appreciate your prayers as we organize, host, and guide these teams. Pray for those who will spend time with each team, that hearts will be touched and moved closer to accepting Jesus or encouraged in their walk.
As we enter a time of transition and busyness hosting teams, may we continue to communicate and navigate well as we work as a team. We will continue to look to the future and ask God for direction for the next steps He wants us to take.
Here in Japan, our school, business, and fiscal calendar is April to March. I, Melissa, have been participating on the community governing board for the past year. My job has been minimal, as one who passes out flyers of information to the various group leaders in our community. Though it has been a challenge, I am glad that I could persevere through and complete our family’s turn on the board. I am thankful for God’s peace, patience, and placement of the right people to help me when I needed it.
Paul & Melissa Ewing